The ZOOM series of 3G / UMTS socket modems are fully designed, developed and ready to integrate into your equipment, easily, and with a low overall cost.
The ZOOM series answers the need for an economic, fully functional and tested cellular modem platform that can be easily incorporated into your equipment with little knowledge of modem technology. With a highly plug-n-play design, the ZOOM offers a common platform across the range, enabling all technologies to be evaluated easily, including 2G/EDGE, 3G, CDMA, LTE, and all variants with GPS.
The ZOOM-N-UMTS is the 3G / UMTS version without GPS capability.
The ZOOM socket modems are designed to be plugged onto your own PCB via standard 2 x 20 way pin header connectors. The two headers incorporate TTL level RS232 and USB interfaces, 10 GPIO lines and power. The ZOOM series also has an unusually wide power supply capability of 5-42V, enabling compatibility with a wide range of applications.
To enable simplified prototyping, the ZOOM-EVK development board is available. The ZOOM module plugs directly onto the EVK providing convenient access to all of the ZOOM interfaces via the EVK’s RS232, USB and terminal block connectors. The ZOOM-EVK is the ideal way of getting to know the ZOOM, and developing an application for integration into your equipment.
The ZOOM is the perfect answer for any design that needs to go cellular quickly, with little or no effort, and no formal testing until you go to production.
Important Support Notice - Please note that due to the embedded design of the ZOOM modem, after sales technical support can only be provided where customers have also purchased the ZOOM-EVK development board. The ZOOM-EVK board allows ready access to all the ZOOM connections and the overall modem status. It also comes complete with multi region power supply, interface cables, and GSM and GPS antennas so you have everything needed for a working system. The ZOOM-EVK is the ideal way of evaluating and developing with the ZOOM modem platform.
Some excellent reasons to use the ZOOM socket modem compared with designing your own module:
- Fully developed and debugged GPRS/UMTS and GPS platform.
- Fast time to market – saves as much as 12 months of design, prototyping and debugging.
- Very low risk compared with own design module – the ZOOM has been completely debugged for the user.
- Full in house design by Siretta with 20 years of GSM/RF design experience.
- Sophisticated four layer PCB design enables your completed design to pass formal testing with low risk.
- Simple integration and evaluation using the ZOOM-EVK board connected to your PC.
- Ability to conveniently stack the ZOOM on top of main circuit board allows small overall footprint.
- All ZOOM connections including USB and TTL level RS232 via standard pin headers.
- ZOOM design based on 3V I/O provides maximum compatibility to your circuit design.
quikCONNECT: ZOOM-N-UMTS(EU)3G (UMTS) SOCKET MODEM - EMEA/APAC Coverage
©Siretta Ltd 2017